The Eaton Intelligent Power Manager software (IPM) integrates seamlessly with your power hardware to provide unparalleled business continuity capabilities. It manages all network connected power infrastructure devices, including UPSs and rack based power distribution units (ePDUs), triggers virtual machine migration plans and shuts down non-essential devices in order to keep your business running during power and environmental events.
Eaton Intelligent Power Manager software IPM Features include:
Automated Business Continuity
- Automated business continuity with flexible policies based on physical infrastructure events, including power and environmental conditions.
- Define and execute sequential load shedding or disaster recovery policies for a VM, a vApp or groups of VMs/vApps from directly within the IPM
- Remotely and gracefully shut down servers and select storage devices during a power event
- Prioritise and shed non-critical loads to extend runtime during an extended power outage
- Trigger VMware vMotion, Citrix XenMotion and other migration applications to transparently move virtual machines to an available server on the network.
- Trigger VMware Site Recovery Manager disaster recovery plans during a power outage.
- Keep critical workloads running longer during a power outage by limiting server power consumption
- Simplify setup and reduce the learning curve by conveniently integrating into existing virtual management systems, allowing you to spend time performing other critical tasks.
Remote agentless host management
- Conserve valuable time when remotely shutting down servers by eliminating the need for agents that consume resources and slow down performance.
IPM offers two editions – the Manager Edition and the Optimize Edition. The Manage Edition is a free download for up to 10 power devices. Paid tiers are avilable for larger deployments. The Optimize Edition provides the most complete set of capabilities for implementing power management strategies in virtual and hybrid environments including the ability to monitor and manage third-party power devices in addition to Eaton equipment. Trial Licences are available upon request.
For further or pricing information …. please phone Power On Australia on 1300 66 24 35 – OR – complete the enquiry form on this page