The Eaton 3G Modular Converter Units (MCUs) are designed to convert from one DC voltage to another and to be used within the Eaton Modular Converter Solutions (MCS-3G) subracks. Multiple parallel units allow for high power systems within compact and dense housings and they also allow for active redundancy.
The 3G architecture is reliable, power dense and compact. The high power density allows as little as 1U of rack space to be occupied by power, therefore maximising space available from telecom and industrial equipment.
The MCU-3G products are suitable for integration within Eaton’s DC Rack Power Systems to provide multiple voltages, earth polarity and DC distribution within the same system.
The MCU-3G converter incorporates a combination of leading edge high frequency switch mode technology for a flexible and efficient DC power conversion source, with dual thermostatically controlled fans which further contributes to its high overall reliability.
The MCU-3G is designed to operate with the Eaton SC200 system controllers in any of the versatile Access Power Solutions.
The Eaton MCU-3G’s Features Include:
- Intelligent microprocessor or controlled
- Automatic set-up from system controller
- Narrow profile
- Dual thermostatically controlled cooling fans
- Up to 10 units in a 19″, 3U sub-rack
- Up to 500W per module
- Fast on-line replacement of modules
- Hot swap (plug in)
- Parallel operation with active load share
- Facilitates cost-effective n+1 deployment
- Colour coded
- Fully isolated input to output (5KVDC)
- Input Voltages = 110V, 48V, 24V and 12V
- Output Voltages = 48V, 24V and 12V
- Complies with international standards
For pricing or further information, please phone Power On Australia on 1300 66 24 35 – OR – complete the enquiry form on this page.