The Eaton PPFi is designed to provide point-of-entry (Category C) & sub-circuit protection (Category B) against power surges caused by external sources such as lightning strikes & substation switching as well as providing a measure of protection from surge events generated on the secondary side of the filter. An ideal device for all Category locations.
The Eaton PPFi is a 3-stage protection system utilizing primary & secondary MOV protection in conjunction with a Low-Q LC filter. The unit provides filtering of the line harmonics, noise & RF transmitters with a cut-off frequency of <10Hz & a minimum attenuation of 70dB above 1MHz. Special care has been taken in the design of the filter to minimize ringing caused by light loads, surge diverter operation & inductive load back-EMF.
All models in the PPFi Series are fully enclosed in wall mounting IP24 steel enclosures. A graphical mimic display provides at-a-glance indication of the status of the PPFi with indicators showing correct functions in green & faults in red. The alarm function provides a summary alarm output for protection failure & power failure.
The Eaton PPFi Features Include:
- Surge suppression & filtering in a single package
- Standard Current ratings from 100A to 400A
- 1 mode. multi-element series filter
- 2 mode, 3 stage Surge Diverter
- Surge suppression ratings from 80kA to 240kA
- Provides extensive high frequency & RF filtering
- Incorporates a EN certified EMI/RFI filter
- Panel-mounted mimic display
- Protection Fail Alarm Relay
- Enclosed in IP24 painted steel cabinet
- 5 Year Warranty
Typical Applications include:
- All Power Circuits including ‘Point-of-Entry”
- Telecommunications Systems & Rectifiers
- Process & Control Systems & UPS Systems
- Computer Systems & Medical Systems
- AV circuits for clubs & hotels
- All sensitive Electronic Equipment
For further information …. please phone Power On Australia on 1300 66 24 35 – OR – complete the enquiry form on this page.