The Riello Sentinel Dual (High Power) UPS range is available in 4-5-6-8-10kVA single-phase models and 6.5-8-10kVA three-phase/single-phase models, with online double conversion (VFI) technology.
Selectable Online, Economy and Smart Active operating modes, diagnostics such as the digital display, RS232 and USB interfaces, network adaptor card option and PowerShield³ software included. Sentinel Dual (High Power) is easily the best solution for protecting “mission critical” applications requiring the highest levels of reliability.
Sentinel Dual (High Power) UPS suits various IT and security applications, with communication software certified by Microsoft laboratories.
The Flexibility of Installation and Use
- The UPS can be installed as a floor-standing tower or 19″ rackmount UPS.
- The front panel digital display can be pulled out (using the keys provided) and rotated to suit the installation format.
- Low noise level (<40dBA) thanks to the digitally PWM-controlled ventilation system, which is load and temperature dependent, and the use of an inverter with a high switching frequency (>20kHZ, above the audible range). Sentinel Dual is suitable for installation in any populated environment.
User Selectable Customisation Options
- Operating modes:
- Online (VFI): the inverter powers the load continuously
- Economy: the UPS mimics a Line Interactive (VI) UPS supporting the load from its battery supply when the mains fail or fluctuate wildly
- Smart Active: automatic selection to operate in Online (VFI) or Line Interactive (VI) mode depending on the stability of the mains supply.
- Emergency: the UPS only supports the load with its batteries when the mains fail – suitable for emergency lighting
- Frequency conversion 50 or 60Hz
- Output voltage selection: 220-230-240Vac single-phase or 380-400-415Vac three-phase
- Auto restart the mains returns from the front panel or PowerShield³ software
- Automatic output delay when the UPS powers up
- Automatic power down when no load is present
- End of battery discharge pre-alarm.
Quality of Power Supply
- Filtered, stable and reliable voltage – On Line double conversion (VFI) technology following EN50091-3, with EMI filters
- Guaranteed output quality even with typical distorting IT loads with crest factors of 3:1
- Low impact on the mains supply as the UPS has an input power factory near 1, with a sinusoidal input current.
- Completely digitally controlled
- Uninterrupted automatic or manual bypass
- Use of IMS (Insulated Metallic Substrates) modules.
- Status, measurements, and alarms available on the standard backlit display
- UPS can be updated digitally (flash upgradeable).
Optimal Battery Management
- Reliable battery performance (automatic and manual battery tests)
- Prolonged battery life due to the unique Low Ripple Current Discharge (LRCD)
- ‘Hot-swap’ user replaceable batteries
- Extendible backup time using additional Battery Extension Packs or Trays
- Increased ride through (without batteries) on mains breaks up to 40ms for fluctuations ranging from 84 to 276Vac.
Enhanced Electrical Performance
- Input protected by a resettable thermally activated switch
- Back-feed protection
- Increased short circuit current on the bypass
- Increased overload capacity: 150% on inverter even without a mains supply present
- Performance guaranteed in temperatures up to 40°C short term
- Manual switch to bypass.