Designed to power critical loads such as servers, storage systems, telephone equipment, medical systems and industrial applications, the Riello Sentinel Dual UPS is the high-density version of the Premium Pro range of double-conversion online UPS.
The Riello Sentinel Dual UPS is ideal for Blade servers with an input power factor close to Unity. This UPS can be used as tower UPS or within a rackmount cabinet, taking up only 2U in height.
Sentinel Dual has a stylish design choice of functional formats and represents the state-of-the-art technology from the Riello UPS research & development team. The UPS can achieve an online operating efficiency of 92%.
For critical business continuity applications requiring long run times, Sentinel Dual can be installed with battery extension packs (ER models) with their internal battery chargers to maintain reasonable recharge times.
The UPS also incorporates the Riello UPS power-off function found in other ECO Line UPS. Premium Dual saves energy when no loads are connected.
- Tower or Rackmount UPS installation with a mimic front panel, turned by 90º to suit installation requirements.
- Noise-Free Operation (<40dBA): the UPS can be installed in any environment thanks to its PWM digitally-controlled high-frequency inverter.
- High-Temperature Operation: UPS components are sized for high-temperature operation up to 40ºC, not stressed during typical operational environments.
- EnergyShare: Premium Dual output sockets can be programmed to disconnect less critical loads when the mains power fails.
- Even with distorting loads (IT loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1).
- High short circuit current on bypass.
- Overload capacity of up to 150% from the inverter (even with no mains power).
- Filtered, stabilised, reliable (On Line double conversion technology (VFI following EN62040-2 class C2) standard with filters to suppress atmospheric disturbances.
- Load power factor correction: incoming UPS power factor close to 1 and sinusoidal current absorption.
- Automatic and manual battery tests
- Batteries are ‘hot-swappable’ and user replaceable.
- Extended battery packs allow unlimited run-time.
- The output voltage is selected using software (220-230-240V).
- Auto-restart when mains power returns (programmed via software)
- Stand-by on bypass: Automatic bypass operation when switch-off with batteries charging.
- Power-Off with zero loads connected to save energy
- Low battery warning
- Power-on delay
- Full microprocessor control.
- Automatic bypass without interruption
- Status, measurements and alarms available on the front panel mimic panel and LCD
- UPS firmware upgrade via PC platform
- Input protection, including a user reset thermal switch (up to 1500VA)
- Back-feed protection
- Manual option to switch to bypass.
- 2 Year Warranty
- Riello Sentinel Dual can be programmed remotely via software or set manually from the front mimic panel to operate in a range of energy-saving operating modes:
• Online: maximum power protection and output voltage waveform quality
• ECO: to increase operating efficiency to 98% and provide interactive line protection
• Smart Active: The UPS automatically selects its operating mode – ECO or Online dependent upon the reliability and quality of the local mains power supply.
• Backup: for emergencies only, with the UPS only operating when mains power fails
• Frequency converter: from 50 to 60Hz or 60 to 50Hz.
- Riello Sentinel Dual offers maximum flexibility for integration with any communication system.
• Multi-platform communication for all operating systems and network environments, including d3 supervision and shut-down shutdown
• UPS Tools configuration and personalization software supplied as standard.
• RS232 serial port and optoisolated contacts.
• USB port
• Slot for communication cards such as Modbus/Jbus, TCP/IP, SNMP and relay contacts.